What do you mean by Content? If we look for the dictionary meaning of it then one of the meanings commonly explains it as a state of peaceful happiness, however, in digital media industry it has completely different explanation. Although, if we relate digital content with previous dictionary explanation then it can also be defined as the founding platform of digital media, which provide a sheer happiness of gaining an information to the readers.
Digital marketing has successfully taken place of traditional marketing but how does this start? Just like the foundation of any building is always very essential, foundation of digital marketing is very important. Content writing is the first and foremost step of any successful campaign so it is viable to opt for the right kind of content writing solution.
Content Writing is an umbrella term and comprises of a lot of content writing solutions, out of which a few of them are listed below:
- Visual Content
- Vlog (Video Blog)
- Web Content
- Social Media
Since all kinds of content are different, therefore, all require different skill sets and expertise. A content professional who is not comfortable with visual editing software but holds an expertise in content curation, might not be a right person for developing visual content but can be really good with Social Media Content. Hence, it is important to look for right skills which can complete your Content strategy as it is not just a piece of paper with few words but comprises of a lot of creative stuff around you.
Client Relationship Through Content
Writing content isn’t enough rather, it is important for a writer to interact with readers and clients. Writing grammatically correct and unique content is not difficult but engaging with prospective clients with the help of content is important. Writers need to hit clients’ thought process in order to engage with them. Following are a few quick tips which a writer should keep in mind while framing a content piece for engagement purposes:
- Create visually appealing content which should be simple yet self-explanatory.
- Use an interactive mode of content like podcasts, Vlogs, graphics etc. as they have huge opportunity of engagement.
- Ignore heavy vocabulary and extremely long sentences. A sentence with 20 words (approx.) is enough.
- Keep simple formatting and ignore gaudy colour themes, fonts and sizes.
- Use of questions etc. in content makes it more engaging and interactive.
- Never plagiarise and/or spin as it will not only lower your content’s search results but will also leave wrong impression on your clients.
Earlier clients were called as ‘Kings’ while now Content has taken their place. So, the power of content is back and it is in writers’ and marketers’ hands. If used properly, they can easily use this power to attract unlimited clients for them.